Saturday, October 3, 2015

Da Chandelier

Da Chandelier


So there was this thing handing in the middle of the parlor when we bought the house. It was almost ready to fall down and looked a bit black. Not sure if it was a modern look alike or just tin. 



So we boxed it up and took the broken pieces over to Gimble's to have him look at it. 



Just absolutely a mess


There was some amazing detail but we didn't know how it would turn out. 


I got a call 3 hours later and was told to get down to the shop so he could show me what we had. It was amazing the difference after the cleaning. 

You could finally see the details just after a bit of cleaning.

Then to see the full beauty of even the smallest pieces was just breathe taking. 



To see what it is now is simply amazing. I don't have any pictures of the underside but that just means you have to come over and see for yourself! 



2 comments:

  1. My grandparents owed this house from 1968 to 2010. So many amazing memories. You have done beautiful work. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any old pictures of the house? I would love to know what the floor looked like in the parlor and the house in general. We have very little historical pictures. Thomas.e.hargis@gmail.com is my email if you don't mind.

      Delete